Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

We've been together for so long that I can't imagine not spending a day together.  You are the one I reach for first thing in the morning and many other times throughout the day.  You wake me up, you make me smile, and I like you a whole lot.

But lately I've made some new resolutions in my life, and you are a stumbling block if I want to succeed in my goals.  I've gotten emails and articles to read from friends outlining multiple reasons why we shouldn't be together and why you aren't good for me.  It's time I start listening.

I'm sorry, old friend, but we need to take a break.  I need to try to replace you with another less satisfying and less fulfilling.

I will miss you so very much, and hope to someday be happy with your replacement.


No comments:

Post a Comment